Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Blogs

Probably the most boring title I could have come up with.

I started this blog five months ago. My inspirations were Chris Diclerico where I used to post articles now and then and Mark Evanier who's the guy I want be when I grow up. This place has worked pretty well as a good amount of you stop by every day.

What's most inspiring is how many of you have started blogs on your own. Brian started the same day as me with a blog that's more conceptual than this one. A few months later Mark started his and revealed a stand-up comic yearning to break free. I check both of them every day.

That's why I'm proud to announce Bill Monroe's new blog. Keen observers will notice him as the straight man in the "Tension Envelopes" sketch. Bill's one of the funniest guys I've ever known and since we've been friends for twenty years, I've seen a lot of people to compare him. He's been living in Seattle for the last six years but thanks to email and long distance we keep up to date regularly. His new blog will make it even easier.

2 comments:

Cromely said...

Has it really been that long?

Thanks for the great intro, Jon.


(Damn. Now I have to live up to that...)

Mark Feigenson said...

You know, I consider myself more of a sit-down comic actually. I tried standing while writing a blog entry once. It's not as much fun as it sounds. Thanks for the good words.