Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve!

One more day and 2008 is behind us.

I love how bad 2008 was. It was so bad when I claim it was the worst year ever no one blames my disposition. I'll put it this way; I have frostbite on the fingers typing this.

This year was vicious. Even the news anchors are glowering. Our economy basically collapsed. I told you Bush would destroy this country. He waited until his last six months to do it but he didn't disappoint. The comedy scene was dead. The best new guy I saw this year went into a coma by fall.

Personally it wasn't too good. My dad's condition took center stage. Career wise I worked two weeks and got about five spots that weren't my own show. I worked my ass off and reached no goals. San Diego wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I gained five pounds. I didn't see my best friend once the entire year. And Ben entered the terrible twos seven months early.

What was good? Obama, that seems like a smart move. He won't take office until 2009 so I won't count him. And the summer movies were great. Even ones people hated (like X Files: I Want to Believe and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) were enjoyable enough. And any summer that has both Iron Man and The Dark Knight is a superhero fan's dream.

I'm hoping 2009 will bring a lot more goodness into all our lives. Maybe even goodness we can participate in.

No comments: