Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Raiders of the Lost Ark Story Conference


I want to blow the internet.

I was listening to a podcast with Greg Rucka and he mentioned he found a transcript of George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Lawrence Kasdan planning the script for "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Which means there's information on "Raiders" I don't already know. This is a big deal.

The document is an even bigger deal. I'm only ten pages in and I'm fascinated. Right off the bat you get to know how formed the idea was in George's head and what Steven added to it. Kasdan mostly listens but pitches in some great ideas which made it to the final film. It seems clear the reason the other three sequels weren't as good as "Raiders" was because Kasdan didn't write them.

There's a great article about the whole thing and a downloadable pdf here.

1 comment:

Dash MacBastard said...

Dude, Thanks for posting the link. I'm a huge Indy fan and love any geek info on Raiders.