Friday, July 17, 2009

Dad Update


I hadn't said much about Dad since I was waiting to get a good handle on the situation. Unfortunately, the situation changed every day.

A couple of weeks ago, he went into the hospital to have his colostomy bag removed. We all assumed it would be a simple procedure and he'd be home the next day. It turned out to take five hours and the doctors didn't like what they found in there. So they removed sections of his digestive tract. His stay extended at least a week. I visited him and he was in great spirits. Talked my ear off about Reagan for three hours.

Then he got a staph infection. An MRSA infection which is the most persistent. No one thinks it life threatening but his recovery rate is all over the place. Fortunately they sent him home this week. Considering what he's gone through in the last five years, he's sailing through this one. And he'll never admit it, but he's glad to know you're thinking of him.

If you want to know more details, check out my sister's blog.

1 comment:

Mo Diggs said...

My thoughts are with your family