Thursday, June 15, 2006

Things

They're busy. I've managed to keep up with this blog but I haven't been able to give much detail. Sometimes I worry that this place will turn into one big promotional tool, which isn't much fun for any of us.

Comedy, as you can see, has taken over most of my life. And unlike music, it seems to be working. I've had a lot of showcases and auditions and I'm working hard to bring my performance level up to my writing.

I've been writing professionally for ten years. I've been performing stand-up for six months. I have a lot of catching up to do but fortunately I've made a lot of friends in the clubs who are honest in their criticism. We'll spend time after shows discussing comedy over drinks. Sometimes that means I get home at 7 a.m.

Satnd-up has brought a lot of interest to Play Cole . "William Shatner on the Muppet Show" has gotten almost 2,000 hits so far, which for us is a breakout hit. I've been happy with the writing and performing but frankly, our production values have left a lot to be desired. And our only video camera died in Japan. So yesterday I went to B&H and bought a High Definition camera. Hopefully, it will make us look less like amateur hour.

I haven't done any advertising since I got back from Japan but toy work is picking up again. It doesn't pay as much but it makes me a lot happier and I get to work at home. If I can get enough work to keep me from a day job, I'll be very happy.

Renee's family was in the city with us this week. Tomorrow her friend Karen will be staying over. And then my much missed friend Dave Wasklewicz and his wife Heather will be in from Maine. So things ain't slowing down for awhile. But I'll always be here. And I'm grateful you are too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would've titled this "Tings," to give it that authetic New York street lingo. : P

Thanks for the props. I'm dyin' to come down and take a bunch of pictures of the old town. Do most of those clubs let you take photos?

See ya' soon.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping we get a boozy reunion on, and then photograph *that*. I need me some good art/writing/comedy/movies/adtown banter. Keep me posted!