Monday, August 20, 2007

Indy Week 1: Raiders of the Lost Ark

As I'm stuck in bed, I've little to do but rewatch dvds. I've gone through Star Wars with director's commentary, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and whole seasons of the Simpsons, the Muppet Show and the Odd Couple. Plus this, my favorite movie ever made. I must watch Raiders of the Lost Ark every year and it never gets old, it never gets dated and it never stops ruling. Youtube has the classic idol sequence here and if you can find a better opening to a movie, I won't believe you.



What's your favorite movie? Leave a comment and start an argument.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thats one of the earliest appearances of Alfred Molina! Who knew one day he would be Doc Oc!

I just bought the Star Wars Trilogy, and I too will be watching them all with commentary. The classics never get old.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but think of this when you mentioned both Raiders and the Simpsons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdu4TBf091Y

RG Daniels said...

Pulp Fiction is my favorite AND it is a better opening than Raiders...

"Any of you fuckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every last one of ya..."

CUE 'MISIRLOU'

Jon Clarke said...

That's real close but not better.

Brian Kunath said...

I have to agree with rg on the Pulp Fiction opening. Raiders opening is amazing, but the PF beginning still makes the blood rise. Tarantino is a master at great openings. They're just fucking cool.

BTW, just did an small informal poll with two people and they go with PF as well.