Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Religious Right Vs. Ed

This is the funniest thing I've seen online in ages.

I've mentioned Ed Murray's blog before. I've always considered him a strong comic whose career is just getting rolling. I take that back. Now all I want is to be the head writer on whatever show the networks kill each other to give him.

Ed picked up a story from one of his friends about a right-wing anti abortionist extremist blog. The blogger was railing against the pro death liberal media and quoted an inflammatory article by the Onion.

Yes, that Onion.

Hilarious on its own. But what makes Ed a genius was that he took the extra step. He contacted the guy. First he was going to expose him for the myopic, obtuse Cro Magnon he is. But then Ed says no. He swings the pendulum the other way. He poses as an even more right wing religious nut and attacks the blogger for making light of his beliefs. At one point he says, and I quote:

I assume your other articles are responses to pieces from MAD magazine, or maybe one from National Lampoon ...

Now there's an email war brewing. I bet Ed keeps it going for at least two weeks. And you better be there for each round.

(And for the record, I'm actually pro life. I'm just anti-moron.)

No comments: