Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lately

Last night I was at a mike with Billy the Kid and he said, "Man, your blog entries are short lately."

Saw through my clever deception, eh Billy?

Things have been very tough around the house. Ben is at an age where he's blown through his entire schedule. I have no idea when he wants to eat, sleep or play anymore and he's morphed all his requests into the same frustrated grunt. I feel like he's a newborn again, only he's much heavier. My arms are shot from the elbow to the wrist from picking him up so I've taken to sleeping in a wrist brace since the pain kept waking me up.

But that's nothing compared to Renee. She tripped in the hallway Friday night and chipped a bone in her elbow. So in addition to suffering through incredible pain, she can't drive or pick up the baby. So I've had Ben for longer than usual.

Doesn't give me a lot of time to think and my work has been taking the loss. My figure reviews take longer than usual, my freelance sits on the sidelines, I don't have many jokes and downstairs there's a Christmas tree waiting to be decorated. I'd love to get into further detail but Ben just started grunting frustrated like. So I'll keep publishing on my daily schedule. But sometimes it's just going to Eric Clapton playing an acoustic guitar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chipped an elbow?! Sounds like you need to host a TREE-TRIMMING PARTY, at which time you will employ your guests to: 1) hold baby; 2) finish tree; 3) feed Renee vicodin; 4) hold baby; 5) write Christmas cards; 6) clean cat boxes; 7) finish other assorted household chores. All you have to do is provide the holiday soundtrack (ie play your guitar).
I have the vicodin, so when's the party?!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That is awful. I wish I lived nearby so I could help you out.

Get well soon, Renee! Hang in there, Jon!

Anonymous said...

Now i'm guilty