Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Does it mean anything to anyone anymore? Other than the worst horror franchise of the 80's?

Friday is a day beloved by the working man. It means freedom and drunkenness. Casual and lazy. And 13 gets a bad rap. Buildings don't have a 13th floor. That is bullshit. When I was 13 life was great. I had G.I. Joe, Marvel comics AND I discovered girls. I had the world on a plate my friends. Don't screw with 13.

I want to hear the true story of Friday the 13th. When a guy's family was eaten by fireflies and he lost his mining job to Mino, the ore eating robot. When he drove the long way home and ended up in the reservoir. And the car's emissions made everyone's shower smell funny for a week. When the pope lost the church in a high stakes poker bet. I hear that story, maybe I'll be superstitious.

1 comment:

Mo Diggs said...

I like your story better. Then again, I like Krueger more than Jason.